FUNDRAISING EVENTS 2019
Sunday 21st July (2-5pm) Open Gardens in aid of Musical Keys, Norwich. A beautiful afternoon in the sunshine and a fabulous amount raised for Muscial keys, just over £3,200. Thank you to all who supported this event.
CONSERVATION TROPHY FOR DITCHINGHAM ESTATE
The Grey Partridge Award which promotes the recovery of the species across the County was presented to the Ditchingham Estate at The Royal Norfolk Show on Wednesday 26th June 2019.
Seven years ago, the estate had none of the birds, but thanks to the commitment of gamekeeper Nicholas Clitheroe and landowners Lord and Lady Ferrers, there are now 58 breeding pairs. Below is Nicholas Clitheroe with one of the judges, having received the award.
26th June 2019 – Duke of Edinburgh Expedition
The Estate were pleased to be able to help and support a local group of youngsters undertaking their DofE expedition. The particular highlights for this group were the family of peacocks, the toads, the log of wood they sat on for lunch, the tiny ponies they found at Seething and the weather! During the weekend they had to navigate, work together while out walking for 6 hours each day, cook all their own food, and clear up after. They also had to put up ( and take down ) the tents.
Sunday 14th April 2019 (2-5pm) – Open Gardens in aid of Norfolk and Norwich Association for Blind. Thank you to all who attended a fabulous £3,000 was raised for the charity.
Wednesday 17th April 2019
The Ditchingham Estate, and its farming contractor, Sentry, were out in force on 17 April carrying out their annual Litter Pick. Unfortunately the verges along the B1332 were as bad as ever, but it was encouraging to see that the side roads neighbouring the estate were very much cleaner than in previous years. All in all, though, a much-needed job well done. When the villages have their days, it will be even better.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS 2018
Thank you to everyone who has attended a charity event at Ditchingham this year, we have had a fantastic year with some beautiful weather too. Please keep looking out for the events which we have planned for 2019.
- Thank you to all who attended the open gardens on 22nd April 2018 – in aid of St John Ambulance a fabulous attendance with over £3,700 raised for the charity.
- 20th May 2018 – Paws in the Park in aid of All Hallows, Ditchingham
- Many thanks to all who attended on Sunday in Support of All Hallows, it was a fabulously sunny day for a walk around Ditchingham Estate. £1,400 was raised for the charity.
- 16th June 2018 – Music Night with Taverham Band in aid of the Norfolk & Norwich Association for the Blind
- 17th June 2018 (2pm-5pm) – Open Gardens in aid of the Norfolk, Norwich & Waveney Branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association
A sunny afternoon was enjoyed by all who attended the open gardens, a fabulous £4,000 was raised which is a fantastic result.
- 21st July 2018 – Charity Clay shoot in aid of Help for Heros
- A gloriously sunny afternoon for a charity clay shoot and BBQ which raised over £4,000, a super result and most enjoyable afternoon.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS 2017
Royal Norfolk Agricultural Show 2017
The Estate are delighted to announce Mr Chris Vincent received his long service award at the Royal Norfolk Show on 29th June 2017. Chris has worked for Ditchingham Estate for 40 years and although now directly employed by Sentry Ltd still actively farms at Ditchingham. Many thanks for all your hard work.
Here are a selection of events in 2017:
- Sunday 23rd April: Open Garden in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, a fantastic event which raised over £2,700 for the Charity.
- Friday 16th June: Rain or Shine outdoor theatre performance of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night in aid of the Norfolk & Norwich Association for the Blind. The event was well supported and the sun was shining. Watch this space for details on next years event..
- Sunday 18th June: Open Garden in aid of East Coast Hospice, 2pm-5pm (£4 per adult, with under 16s free). A super event which raised just over £1,400, it was a gloriously sunny afternoon.
Thank you to all who have supported events this year at Ditchingham. We shall be posting events for 2018 soon.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS 2016
2016 has been a spectacular year for fundraising with over £17,000 being raised for a variety of charitable causes.
The main events included:-
Gardens Afternoon in April supporting the East Anglian Children’s Hospices and raising £2,400.
The Paws in the Park walk was repeated this year and, once again, the sun shone, walkers and their dogs chose a length of walk to suit themselves and successfully raised £2,245 for All Hallows Hospital, Ditchingham.
Help for Heroes never fails to attract much-needed support, and the estate Clay Shoot in May was no exception with over £3,000 raised for this charity.
The travelling theatre company, Rain or Shine, performed for the second successive year in the garden in front of the Hall in July. The performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream was well attended, picnics were the order of the day, and East Coast Hospice were delighted with a total of over £4,100 towards their building project.
The second Garden Opening took place also in July when the NSPCC, Bungay Branch, raised £1,500.
In addition, the local churches of St Mary’s, Ditchingham, & St Peter’s, Hedenham were grateful to be the beneficiaries of smaller events and generous donations while the Game Conservancy £2,300 cannot go without mention.
Thank you to everyone who supported our 2016 calendar.